Friday, July 13, 2012

Florence and Paris Grey....love!



My two new colors, Florence and Paris Grey. Just gorgeous!!
 I painted the urn with Florence, then wiped off a little of the paint with a damp cloth. This let some of the original color show through. Then I gave it a thin wash of Graphite. I sprayed a coat of clear polyurethane to seal the finish.
The frame was given a coat of Florence, then waxed with dark wax. The gold touches just add the right amount of glitz!


 The two small shelves make a cute place for my small
 Annie Sloan Chalk paint jars!


 

 The small container is a cat food tin (I washed it well) and wrapped it with twine. I made the flower just like you'd make a bow, then
added the vintage button. Amazing what you can do with something that would normally go into the trash!
 To keep up with all my paint colors, I decided to paint a clothespin each time I got a new color. These are the Annie Sloan Chalk paints I have so far.........I just love them all.


 I am working on a much larger project with the Paris Grey paint and I have several more days work before it is ready. The rain has been nice (not sure how well my paint is drying out there) but I'm not complaining....I hear the 90's are coming back next week. Thanks for reading my post. Please share with anyone who might be interested!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Pam Reeves said...

All of the projects are so awesome. Why don't we do a painting class on a small item. You could teach a technique you have learned. I am definitely interested.