Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial day weekend........cabin updates!


Bob and I spent our Memorial day Weekend at the cabin.
 The weather was just wonderful, a cool breeze each morning . Wonderful.
I came with lots of projects in mind. Armed with my sewing machine, blower and lots of spray paint I set out to work.

These chairs on the patio were a nice yellow.


But.....mom had covered them in this brown vinyl. I understand why, but we needed something a little more colorful to cheer up this screened porch.

This was under the brown, more colorful, but worn.

So, I set up my sewing machine to begin the transformation.
 I can't imagine a better place to sew, can you?
 

My colorful fabric was by Waverly. I found a bolt of several yards at our Goodwill for $4. Can't beat that! Much, much better.

Made a couple of throw pillows and added some flowers
 to this grapevine wreath.

I also broke out the spray paint. I used this Krylon paint in Hunter Green to paint the outside table and chairs. It did a wonderful job.

I sprayed so much that my finger is  still sore!


These plastic adirondack chairs and table got an update. And I found the perfect spot for them!
 

At the end of working each day we had a relaxing spot to unwind.
I have several more projects to share with you. So stay tuned.Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job,