Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down........

All this rain and cold weather lately are getting to me. And we thought Spring was here! I think it is supposed to warm back up tomorrow.
 My friend  Sharon brought over several items for me to paint. A neat looking chair she plans to have upholstered, a picture frame and a mirror.


The chair was a really nice style ,was missing a cushion and someone had begun stripping the wood. 

The mirror was just an outdated style.

The frame was not in the best condition. I added some wood filler and
 did some sanding before painting.

She also brought this cute PINK child's table and chairs. One chair seat was broken. I repaired it and sanded it. Covering that pink was quite a fete!

These three pieces got Old White Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I did lots of distressing and added clear and dark wax. Some gold gilding was added to the mirror and chair. I can't wait to see the finished chair!
 
 
 
 

This set was painted with ASCP in Versailles. It has been our go to neutral color lately. I stenciled some dragonflies in Coco. She just loved it! Now she has a great place for her grandson.... Jack.
 
 

The picture frame was given a piece of masonite (cut by DH Bob, thank you!) and painted with Chalkboard paint. I saw this on Pinterest
 and had to copy the quote.

Sharon brought over one other item which I have not quite finished. All this rain and cold weather lately has not helped my painting efforts.

The next items are ones Helen brought to paint. Two great tables.
 

I had to take pictures inside because it was raining.
Both were painted in Duck Egg and Old White ASCP paint. Cute!
 
  l plan to finish the other table today. I sure hope this weather warms up by Thursday for the bi-annual Canton Flea Market. Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: