Friday, May 25, 2012

The little chest......all finished!


As I was outside painting on the chest a beautiful cardinal came to visit. Had to get the shot!



To decide what color, I mixed several combinations of Annie Sloan Chalk paint in Chateau Gray and Old White. I chose the 1:1 ratio for the body and the 4:1 for the drawers. I wanted just a slight difference in the colors. 


I started the operation outside. I found if I get out there by 9 it is not too hot.


I then moved it inside on top of the washer!! I gave the inside of the drawers a second coat of Annie Sloan Chalk paint in Barcelona Orange. I just love this color! It did not seem to cover as well as the other colors, could have used a third coat but I only had this small jar, so I left it.

The best part was waxing with a coat of clear wax and then using a thinned dark wax in selected places. 
 
 
 

I just love the contrasting orange drawers!It is the hot color this year!



Here it is all finished! I do love it! As much as I love it, I am probably going to sell it. I have no place to put it and I am needing to buy some more paint!!
So if any of you are interested, please let me know.


For my next project I think I am going to use spray paint!! It is much faster and I will have limited painting time outside now that the temps are in the 90's. So watch for some of the items I have been collecting.

Here is the before shot. I do love it now!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: