Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Aubusson.......love this color!

 I just love this color....Aubusson (of course) it's Annie Sloan chalk paint. It is one of the first colors I purchased. I had envisioned painting the chest this color from my first days of chalk painting. I am not disappointed!


 I had originally planned to stencil with gold leaf. I followed all the procedures but it did not come out right. I think my detailed stencil was just too much. But I will try gold leaf again.
I was able to cut my stencil using my Silhouette Cameo.

Plan B used French Linen ASCP to paint in the stencil.

I then used Florentine in Cire A Dorer Gilding Wax. 
I just love this new color

Remember the top of the chest I had made distressed looking in the before. It was originally white formica. I used Minwax Polyshades Stain and Varnish in Bombay Mahagony Gloss. This worked great. Now it looks like real wood.

Remember the before, much better now. 
Another project I had for this week was to redo this end table. It came from my mom and she had done some stenciling and varnish on it. 

Time for an update. I used ASCP in Old Ochre with clear and some dark wax. 

I added an antique handle I had gotten at an estate sale. I also added some copper gilding wax. This is my table beside my chair. It is my nesting place. Laptop, Ipad, etc, all within easy reach. I refuse to take a picture with all my junk on it!


And here's my next project. I am painting these vintage lamps
 for my friend, Edith. They must weigh 
50 pounds each, I can hardly pick them up!
Thanks for visiting. If you have any questions, please leave a comment. 
Watch for lamps update coming soon!

No comments: