Saturday, March 30, 2013

March goes out like a lamb

On Friday we made some really good progress on the pile of "treasures" on my back porch. Pam and Helen came to paint at 8:30. We made a quick run to Goodwill to see if there were any new finds. Then we began painting.


Helen found this sturdy tv tray.

A flea market find by Helen.

Wood table of my mom's. I have two of these nearly alike. One from Bob's mother and one from mine. This one had a beautiful finish,
 but I still decided to paint it.

Found this little basket at GW.

Pam has been working on this umbrella stand since last fall. The spindles are time consuming and Pam is a perfectionist! Her work is beautiful!

Found this wastebasket this week at GW.  .. . . .$3.

GW . . . . . . $1.25

Some sort of horse grooming toolbox. Pam found this on one of
our outings. It is for Gay!
 
 Here are the things we finished!
The table was painted Country Grey with a little dark wax. The basket was painted with Coco and Provence dry brushed on top. (took it right inside and put my napkins in it!)

I decided to do the finish on the table the same as I did that jewelry box.
Bronze acrylic paint on top, Annie Sloan Chalk paint in French Linen with clear and dark wax.





Helen's table got Annie Sloan Paris Grey and Old White on top.
Touches of dark wax and Gold gilding wax finished it off!





These are our PIPS....projects in progress. We got several of the items painted, now they are ready for wax and finishing touches
.(Helen and Pam are holding up the beach towel for our background)


I think we slipped in a couple of items that I did not get BEFORE pics.
Also, look at our great workbench. I asked for sawhorses for my birthday and Bob came through! We got two boards for the top. It can easily be taken down and put away! 

I just love my Stanley Plastic Sawhorses!
 They are light, adjustable and easily put away!

Here is a sneak peak of another project I have in progress! I hope you enjoyed! I love comments! Look below and find the word "Comment", click on it and tell me what you think!
 
 Thanks for visiting!


1 comment:

Joanne Mock said...

Here's where you comment